Stihl MS 880 Magnum Chainsaw
STIHL chain saws are the number one selling brand of chain saws worldwide.
What's so great about a STIHL chain saw? Glad you asked. When you need a chain saw that's reliable and dependable, you need a STIHL! Are you an occasional user, farmer, logger, landscaper or arborist? Work construction, fire and rescue or as a tree surgeon? It doesn't matter. We have the chain saw to meet your needs!
Fit your saw to the job when it comes to work around your home. Whether it's cutting firewood or a bit of trimming, these saws are for you.
Need even more power? Have an even bigger job to do? Get one of our professional use chain saws. If you depend on your saw all the time, depend on STIHL.
From our smaller-sized pro saws, right up to our heavy-duty MS 880 STIHL Magnum™ Chain Saw - the most powerful professional chain saw STIHL makes, the pros count on STIHL. When it comes to logging, farming, land clearing, tree service and big firewood cutting jobs, professionals trust the unique features that make STIHL the number one selling brand of chain saws worldwide. Our professional saws are designed to provide excellent handling and reliability under the most strenuous cutting conditions.
Our most powerful professional saw. Precision-balanced to provide excellent handling and reliability under the most strenuous cutting conditions. Other features include a lightweight flywheel and a dry, easy-to-maintain air filter. Includes decompression valve for easier starting. Wrap handle version (R) also available.
STIHL recommends #3626 (36 RSC3 75) OILOMATIC® saw chain and 21" 3002 000 9123 Ematic™ guide bar combination.
- IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetor
- ElastoStart™ starter handle
- Decompression valve
- One-piece cast muffler design
- Side access chain tensioner
- Heavy-duty air filter
- Extended chip deflector
- Toolless tank filler caps
- STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain. STIHL makes its own saw chain.
- Ematic™ Bar includes a polymer ramp reservoir which holds bar oil until it can be picked up by passing chain. This can reduce oil usage by up to 50%.
- Bumper Spikes provide better control, making cutting easier.
- Spark Arrestor Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contain a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System is designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second. Can be manually activated or activated by inertia, if the kickback force is sufficient.
- Front Hand Guard designed to reduce the risk of injury.
- Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and ergonomically angled for comfort. (Heated handle available on STIHL Arctic™ versions).
- Protected Spark Plug – protected, yet easy to change.
- Large Starting Handle is easy to grip.
- Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Master Control Lever™ is a single lever operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch.
- Rear Hand Guard reduces the risk of injury, as well as providing wide area for foot placement during starting.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact, and are corrosion-resistant.
- Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work.
- Anti-Vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue.
- Toolless Fuel and Oil Caps require no tools to open or tighten. Cap retainers help keep cap from being lost.
- Displacement: 121.6 cc (7.42 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 8.6 bhp (6.4 kW)
- Weight (powerhead only): Flush-Cut: 22.3 lbs. (10.1 kg); Wrap-Handle: 22.7 lbs. (10.3 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 44 oz. (1300 cc)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 23.7 oz. (700 cc)
- Oilomatic® Chain: .404 in. RM2; 3/8 in. RSC3
- Recommended Range of Guide Bar Lengths: STIHL ROLLOMATIC® 17 in. to 59 in. (43 to 150 cm)